Thursday, July 21, 2011

How to write a deal match-up on your own!


How many of you have ever gone on a mad google search for a deal match-up for a local store and came up dry? While I try to post most of the store match-ups for Iowa, I know that I have plenty of readers from other states and some Iowan readers whose stores I don't cover. I know couponing, deal match-ups and coupon lingo can all be overwhelming, so I thought I would give you some tips on how you can start to find your own great in-store deals.

Next time you are looking through a deal match-up on The Secret to Saving (or any other couponing website), pull out the actual ad and start walking through the match-up I have posted with the advertised deals from the ad. This will help you learn how I've added the coupons with advertisements and it will help you decide whether or not to make a stop at that store.

Make sure you know your stores' coupon policy. Many stores post their coupon policies online, but others you may have to inquire about in-store, via email or make a phone call. A lot of coupon policies are changing lately and you'll want to be sure you understand the most up-to-date policy. This way, you can do your matchups with confidence and not have any issues when checking out.

Before you head to the store to do some shopping, you should quickly thumb through your coupon envelope, binder, folder or whatever organization method you use to get a visual of what coupons you have. Then, if you come across an in-store price that seems really cheap to you, check your envelope/binder/folder/whatever for the coupon and see if the item can be purchased at rock-bottom price.

If you can master these three steps, you can be reassured that you are self-sufficient in finding your deals and matchups at the store! And believe me, it feels great when you know you were able to find an awesome deal on your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment