Monday, May 16, 2011

Does clipping coupons really pay off?

This was written by Tammilee at Tamilee Tips (she was featured on Extreme Couponing!) I thought reading this article may give some of you the extra push to really start couponing!

Coupon Math - Does Clipping Coupons Really Pay Off

When I first started using coupons I was not sure if they would really pay off. I had read many times about the "latte factor" in financial books. I used this equation to figure out how much coupons could actually save me. The numbers really showed me what an impact coupons could have on my checkbook. When you combine coupon savings with sales prices you can save an amazing amount of money.

$25 in coupons and sales savings a week equals
$100 a month
$1200 a year

$50 in coupons and sales savings a week equals
$200 a month
$2400 a year

$100 in coupons and sales savings a week equals
$400 a month
$4800 a year

$250 in coupons and sales savings a week equals
$1000 a month
$12,000 a year

I started my coupon journey with 1 coupon valued at $.25. My coupon use grew from that 1 coupon to using coupons for everything I can. Last year we were able to save over $10,000 with coupons and sales. I use the term journey because using coupons really is a journey. You learn as you go how to best utilize your coupons and maximize your savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment