Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Are free samples worth it?

Is there any value to ordering free samples? This post will alert you to the benefits of requesting free samples listed on my blog.

Free Samples

All companies want your business. They want tempt you to buy their product in any way possible. Sometimes that means offering you a free sample. Even though they are small I always sign up for them. They give me a chance to try a product I wouldn’t normally purchase. They fit in my purse or in the diaper bag perfectly, and they are awesome for travel. I have even seen posts on other blogs showcasing gift baskets made entirely of sample sized products and they turned out really nice!

They are free, it takes seconds of your time to sign up, and they usually come with coupons..what more could you ask for?!

Personal Information

Free sample request forms typically only ask for your name, address, and email. I recommend opening a Gmail account for freebie purposes; that way your personal account isn’t slammed with offers from companies. Almost every company you sign up for has a privacy policy in small type, or a box that you can uncheck so that they do not share your info. Look for these if you are concerned.

Companies getting your address could be a good thing. The amount of coupon mailers in my mailbox has increased since I began applying for these freebies!

There is also a fun trick with Gmail! If you have a gmail account you can type in your email address with a (.) anywhere in it and the email with still come to you.

For example:

* the.secrettosaving@gmail.com
* t.h.e.s.e.c.r.e.t.t.o.s.a.v.i.n.g@gmail.com
* the.secret.to.saving@gmail.com
* thesecret.tosaving@gmail.com
* Or any variation you can think of.

Why is this helpful? All of those photo offers, and freebies I post. You can sign up using your gmail variations. They will count as a new account, but the emails will all come to the same place! Pretty cool, huh?!

Company Newsletters

Signing up for company newsletters to get coupons and other freebies is a big plus in my book. They will send you recipes, coupons and other special offers. Again, I would use a special email address so your regular email address doesn't get slammed.

Most companies will send out an email monthly, some weekly. Either way, I love getting great coupons to use at the grocery store!

Review Companies

One more great way to score freebies and coupons is to sign up for these review companies. They will send you offers for freebies and coupons if you review what they send, or spread the word. These are all amazing and I belong to all of them! I have received several awesome freebies from them! Check them out!

* Vocalpoint
* Kraft First Taste
* Buzz Agent
* Viewpoints

I hope this helped open your eyes to the possibilities in the world of freebies, and offers! As always, if you have any questions just shoot me an email! I will do my best to answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment