Thursday, April 7, 2011

A few tips for getting started

For those who have never couponed before, everything is completely overwhelming. Soon, I'm going to start posting all kinds of deals and I want to make sure everyone can keep up. I hope some of you are getting ready to make your first official couponing trip or already have! Here are a few insider tips for getting started.

1. Start with easier stores like Target and Wal-Mart. These stores are fairly coupon friends and don't have any weird rules for couponing. Once you get the hang of couponing at these stores, then I would try harder stores such as Hy-Vee and Walgreen's. (They get a little complicated with catalinas and Register Rewards.)

2. When you first start, you want to save as much money as possible. Sometimes, I still get like that. But just remember to take it one step at a time. It usually takes 2-3 months or longer for new couponers to feel completely comfortable with all the couponing rules and tricks. I will always try to make the deals I post as easy as possible to follow. So, just stay with me and we will get couponing working for you!

3. Stock up on items that are extremely cheap. Buy purchasing a few of the same items ahead of time, you won’t have to run out to the store and pay full price when you run out!

4. Ask for help! If you are new, be sure to ask me or post your questions here for everyone to help you with. Sometimes I don't phrase things the right way or someone is "an expert" at the particular problem you're having. So don't be shy.

Good luck guys! We are all one big couponing community, who are on the couponing journey together. Use each other for ideas and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment